BAMS (Bachelor of Ayurvedic Medicine and Surgery) is a medical science degree in India. This degree program is offered to people who have graduated in traditional ayurveda and the incorporated system of modern medicine. This program takes five and half year's duration which is further added by one year of internship.
BAMS Career Options
BAMS which is one of the most popular alternative modes of treatment pursued by large numbers of young people in India who want to explore the medical benefits of ayurveda. Besides it, the degree program is also known to provide great career prospects to people who possess it.
Wide career prospects are in store for BAMS graduates. Growing trend of alternative treatment has made ayurveda one of the most lucrative career options. Career fields for BAMS professionals are diverse. Increasing numbers of ayurveda research centers, ayurveda medicine manufacturing companies, ayurveda hospitals and ayurveda educational institutions promise numerous jobs for BAMS doctors.
Government Jobs for BAMS Doctors
Most of the government jobs for BAMS doctors are offered in government owned ayurveda hospitals and educational institutes. Almost all the Indian states own ayurveda hospitals. Some of the popular among them which create significant job vacancies include:
- Lucknow University (Lucknow)
- Rajiv Gandhi University of Health Sciences (Bangalore)
- Ayurvedic Medical College (Kolhapur)
- Shri Ayurveda Mahavidhyalaya (Nagpur)
- Sri Dhanwantri Ayurvedic College (Chandigarh)
- Rishikul State Ayurvedic College (Pilibhit)
- Government Ashtang Ayurveda College (Indore)
- State Ayurvedic College (Hardwar)
- National Institute of Ayurveda (Jaipur)
Ayurveda medicine manufacturing companies located across the country are also known to offer large vacancies for MABS doctors. Some of the most popular companies include:
- Himalaya Herbals
- Dabur India Ltd
- Maharshi Charak Ayurved Bhawan
- Labelle Bodycare Pvt. Limited
How to Apply for BAMS Jobs?
Most of the government BAMS jobs are offered through written examinations which are conducted through state-wise Public Service Commission. Private employers generally invite applications through online process.