Proofreading jobs in India are on huge demand these days. Lots and lots of advertisements and articles keep pouring in introducing proofreading jobs to people who decide to work from home. If you are a skilled proof reader or copy writer or copy editor then here is a job right for you. Try considering home proofreading jobs. If a company maintains a website and publish posters, newspapers or brochure then they may need a proofreader to do the editing proofreading jobs.
Proofreading jobs may seem simple but it is one of the most important tasks in a business. A good proofreading will showcase the company's credibility through a good brochure or pamphlet or any other marketing material that it has. Proofreaders do most of the work through online proofreading jobs. There are a lot of proofreaders specialized in different areas of interest. Health care centers and hospitals will have a lot of medical proofreading jobs that will require candidates with knowledge on medical terms to proofread their online or print content.
You need to have basic knowledge in grammar and also a knack to find out typos, mistakes; hyphen in the appropriate places, layout of the article etc. If you have trouble with any sentence then you should be able to correct those without losing the meaning. With this as a basic requirement you are all set to do proofreading jobs from home.
Proofreading positions are available in lots of portals. You need to create a portfolio of written material and hand over to the clients. Once you are selected then you have a lot of options opened up. Telecommuting proofreading jobs are those jobs that you can avoid commuting and work from home.
Freelance proofreaders will never find themselves without a job. This is because all companies need a proofreader to let their company content known to the public and they need qualified proofreaders to review the content. With an increasing demand for proofreaders the jobs are on the rise too.
So if you are puzzled with the options that you have then you should know that there are lots to explore. But be sure why you want to become a proofreader. If you are good in English or any other language and can edit copies then you are great at the job! The success of the business is with the good proofreader.
Go Freelance website have a database of freelancers who require proofreading professionals for the job. Such databases provide a huge help for starters.
With proofreading skills the jobs that you can expect can vary from copy editing, proofreading and editing content. You need to possess the skill sets and have knowledge in DTP and Office tools. People who have worked in office would know that time in office is not spent fruitfully in work. Jobs in editing and proofreading require the time and the mood to get a beautiful result. By doing the same task from home, you can enjoy your time with family and also find time to chase your dreams.
- By Praveen on October 29, 2009, 3:01 pm I am working as a software engineer working in a MNC. I am very good in grammar and spellings and a good reader in addition to programming skills. Did B-Tech ( CSE ) in one of the top 10 colleges in India. Looking for some proofreading / editing work so that i can start working at home in my spare time.
- By rohit on April 11, 2010, 5:41 am I am a B.SC graduate ,currently owning a business , want to work part time at home through internet. Are there any legitimate job that I can do from home like data entering jobs or typing jobs? Please notify me if there is some job without any expenses. Kindly suggest some good avenues.
- By anuradha asthana on May 4, 2010, 3:11 am I am a house wife , having a working knowledge of computer and internet. I have done law and have also practiced it. I am searching for a book writing editing or proof reading kind of job. I stay in Gurgaon sector 46.
- By Sakshi Sharma on May 16, 2010, 7:14 am Hey, I am Sakshi. I'm pursuing B.Tech(CSE) 2nd year. I have done proof reading in some local magazine works and so I am enthusiastic to work as part time Proof reader. I have got a Good command over English language. I'd like to get some good jobs to be done Online as my most time passes sitting and working on Computer.
Thank You so much !!
- By ASHISH KUMAR SINGH on May 22, 2010, 10:17 am I am a working man in an insurance company but wants to get a part time job. Many of the sites are scams only. So I dont know about your site? I can do work continuously 4-5 hours daily on my net. I need part time online work which I can do from my home only. I live in Delhi.
- By Sweetlin.G.S on May 27, 2010, 5:50 am I'm a professional working as a Lecturer in English in a city college located at Chennai.I have a post graduate degree in English literature and have cleared my theory papers of my M.Phil and pursuing with my thesis. I have a passion for teaching, content developing and proof reading. I would like to extend my service in addition to my current job in the form of free lancing works or work from home offers. Please keep me informed of any such offers. Thank you.
- By Sharon Gaddala on June 10, 2010, 8:08 am Hi my name is Sharon and I have done my B.A in English Literature. I love reading and am passionate about correcting grammatical and wrong usage of the English language in anything I read. I would like to work from home. Please notify me if there are any proofreading jobs available. thank you
- By manopriya on June 24, 2010, 7:02 am I am a student currently pursuing 3rd year BA..eng literature in PSG college of arts and science,Coimbatore.I am good at writing.I Would like to do freelancing.
- By Avesh Singh Chauhan on August 13, 2010, 9:58 am hi! I am Avesh Chauhan,a proofreader for a business magazine based in Delhi.I have completed my std XIIth higher secondary only.I am looking for online proofreading job through your website .I currently stay Uttar Pradesh and have skills in computing and editing.
- By Satish meshram on August 28, 2010, 12:49 am Being a commerce graduate, I have been looking for some online job. By profession I am an English teacher. I have good command over English. I am interested to work as a proofreader.
- By Anurag Agarwal on November 10, 2010, 1:19 am Hi,
I am Anurag located in New Delhi. I am an Arts graduate with a good command of the English Language and I am searching for a editing or proof reading kind of job.
- By Dilip on December 9, 2010, 2:32 am I have completed my PG in MASS COM.I am working as a Quality Head in an Advertising company in Coimbatore, Tamilnadu. I have a team under me. we have been consistently meeting Quality SLA. Please let me know if there are any proofreading projects
- By Pallavi Deka on January 13, 2011, 6:13 am I am doing PhD in Jawaharlal Nehru University. I am excellent at research work, hence proof reading and editing would be the field where I can contribute best. Since I am in full time research/academic student, so i need some part time, online job. Can you help me?
- By Gandhimathi on February 16, 2011, 12:29 pm I am a house wife.I am a Postgraduate in English Literature. I am looking for a proof reader/editor job.I stay in Chennai, Tamilnadu
- By Rajesh on February 21, 2011, 12:00 pm Hi,
I am in medical research and write medical articles. I need help in grammatical corrections for my research papers (~3000 words).
- By Sikha on March 28, 2011, 11:54 am Hi I have done MSc. Psychology from Bangalore and have worked in the field of HR & Training. Currently a home maker and would like to apply as an online proof reader. I have a good hold over English language. I am looking for companies who provide proof reading jobs (online projects only).
- By Kay sen on April 10, 2011, 4:20 am I'm a postgraduate in eng from delhi Univ. I can proofread articles stories etc. I'd like to earn money from home. I can do editing too. Only In eng.
- By reckha on April 24, 2011, 1:50 am hi,
im a B.E.graduate and work in the pil and gas sector.I'm strong in the English language and would love to do proofreading work from home.
- By Lata on June 1, 2011, 2:03 am Currently based at Vishakapatnam.I am a qualified teacher having completed my MA in Economics & B.Ed in Economics/English.Have traveled widely in India & abroad.Have a lot of experience in teaching at graduate level,taking classes in spoken English.I am currently working as a part-time trainer & training students to take up exams like IELTS.TOEFL,GRE etc.I am very good at English grammar,spellings & vocabulary.
Interested in proofreading/editing jobs that can be done during spare time from home.
- By ABIRAMI on June 16, 2011, 11:37 am I am currently at home having a break from job and interested in working from home in addition to looking after my family. I am capable of writing & also proof reading in English.I am residing at Kumbakonam in Tamilnadu.
- By shahul hameed on July 3, 2011, 5:11 am shahul hameed
I am working as a technical editor in a MNC. I am very good in grammar and spellings and a good reader in to read STMbooks and journals.I Did Msc(microbiology) Looking for some proofreading / editing work so that i can start working at home in my spare time.
- By Guru Prasad on July 23, 2011, 6:21 am I am a post graduate in Botany and education, I am searching for lecturer position in college of education, and also I have a 3 years of experience in e-publishing industry, and searching for freelance proofreading and editing job.
- By Diana on September 14, 2011, 12:43 pm Diana
I am a Psychologist cum teacher, currently I am not working. I have fairly good knowledge of English and I am interested in proofreading work. I am a postgraduate in Psychology with a Diploma in Counselling. I have worked in a teacher training college as a lecturer of in Child and Educational psychology. I reside in Aurangabad Maharashtra.
- By Gurinder Kaur on October 5, 2011, 10:08 am I have done MA in English and have also done B.Ed,working as an English lecturer.I love English Language.Linguistics being my favorite subject,I am a university topper.I am very good at grammar.Kindly tell some part time(online) job.I excel in editing,pronouncing rightly and rectifying grammatical error mistakes
- By Pooja Shukla on October 29, 2011, 10:28 am Hi
I am an English teacher at a reputed school in Noida. I have done my MA in English. I also have experience of giving English Conversational Classes. I have a Good command over English language and would like to take up a part time/ online job (preferably in proofreading/ editing/ content writing etc.) I have ample time during the day, so i think i can use it in a productive manner.
- By dhivya on January 13, 2012, 2:10 am Dear sir/madam
I am a homemaker. I worked for an epublishing company as paginator but i know copy editing and proofreading marks. I wanted to work from home as i need to look after the kid.pls post me if u know the details
- Last Updated on June 22, 2011, 5:42 am
- Page Created on April 25, 2009, 4:55 pm