There are numerous part time jobs in India that are available for college students, teens, retired people, mothers who are seeking to work in additional time they have. Many employers prefer hiring part time workers since there is no need to provide benefits to them. So it's best you apply through any means both online or even meet the employer in person.
The best way to look for part time jobs is to first apply for jobs in your locality in the near by stores or computer agencies or companies. If you are a college student then try getting a letter from your college teacher or professor. You can also do your part time work search online. A lot of job portals also have a part time option which you can opt for. Visit industries like hospitality, retail and check for part time jobs. Such places hire a lot of part time workers. Do not forget to register your names with college networking agencies like www.studentconcepts.com. Such places provide you with a wide variety of jobs.
Here are few things you have to consider while you apply for a part time job.
- Put together a simple resume that has all your personal details like contact address, phone and email. Make sure you have your career goal and few experiences that you have. A good resume will make the employer know that you are serious about the job. Make sure you have listed at least one unique quality of yours that stands out from others. Even though you have no prior work experience you can list your strengths.
- Dress appropriately when you are called for an interview. Be well groomed and read about postures and gestures that you have to follow at the interview.
- Look out for various sources that list out part time job offers. If you are a fun person then look out for options that will suit your interest for example, a crèche, gift store etc. You can also walk in to few places and ask for part time positions open.
- Also there might be rejections few times and hold yourself when your rejected. You can always apply in other places with similar work profile.
- Maintain a good eye contact, hand shake, smile, matured outlook and willingness to work. Do not feel shy to ask any questions and let the employer know that you are serious to get the job.
- Make sure you get the contact number of the employer and call once in a while to find your job application status.
It will not take much time to get a job if you have the right spirit to get one. There are an umpteen number of options for a part time worker. You can become a home consultant, beautician, designer, virtual secretary, typist, freelancer, tutor etc. By searching online you will be opened to a plethora of options.
- By Ankita on November 14, 2009, 3:24 am HI amankita m a student, I am good worth typing and online work, I am a designer, my college is regular so can't go to office looking for a job where in I can sit back and work from home I stay in Delhi, can you suggest some jobs for students in delhi
- By A.S.Jagadeesan on November 18, 2009, 12:06 am Hi... I am jagan (B.Sc.,physics). I am student of St.Joseph's college, Trichy-02. I have basic computer and typing knowledge. I am stay in hostel. I do the work very neatly quickly. Can you help me to find some part time jobs in india
- By pankaj on November 24, 2009, 2:29 am HI, my sister, a housewife and an advocate by profession, is doing a house driven ethical business in Bangalore. She is looking for few ambitious ladies to help her in the expansion of the business. If you are interested and want to work from home, pls reply back here on the comment form with as much details as you can provide about yourself, She will come and meet you at your residence. It will give you an extra part time work and also help you to do something of your own.
- By KANCHANA on December 12, 2009, 12:08 am I am Kanchan from tamil nadu. i want to know about the work noted this commet form by pankaj on nov 24,2009. I having my own time to do some work from home jobs, I want to some home based work at home in India, it would realy good if you can refer some part time work, as working full time will be little difficult.
- By kalyan on January 28, 2010, 12:19 pm Hi, I am Kalyan from Hyderabad> I have completed my b.pharmacy and now preparing for civils. So I want to do some online job in my free time. Can u suggest me any home based online job without investment?
- By kalyan on January 28, 2010, 12:28 pm Hi. I am Kalyan from Hyderabad. I have completed by graduation in pharmacy in 2009. At present I am preparing for competitive examinations. So I do not have time to go out for any part time job. So I am in search of a online part time job without investment. I have a good knowledge of computer and internet as I am regular user of them and my typing speed is also pretty good. So I request you to suggest me a good online part time job.
- By Sandeep Kumar on July 18, 2010, 1:54 am Hello, I want a account based part time job. I am free up to 3 PM and on Saturday and Sundays. I can work online also I have my laptop and Internet Connection. I am PGDBA finance and B.bom passed with 3 years experience in Accounts.
- By Nikesh Mate on November 28, 2010, 1:26 am Hi, I am Nikesh, I have completed my B.Com from Mumbai University with 1st class, I have 5yrs of experience in acct. now i am looking for a part time job in accts so please suggest me.
Thanks & Regards
- Last Updated on June 26, 2011, 1:38 pm
- Page Created on April 25, 2009, 4:47 pm