BMC (Brihanmumbai Municipal Corporation) Mumbai is the civic body of Mumbai city. It administers various civic infrastructures which fall under the jurisdiction of the city and its suburbs. BMC is termed as the richest civic body in Asia and largest in India. It rules over an area of 603 square kilometers.
Some of the basic infrastructure of the city of Mumbai that comes under the civic responsibility of BMC includes:
- Construction and maintenance of flyover, streets and roads
- Maintenance of cemeteries and crematoriums
- Municipal-aided schools
- Water supply
- Public health and hospitals
- Street lights
- Maintenance of open spaces and parks
- Sewage treatment and its disposal
- Garbage disposal
- Cemeteries and crematoriums
- Births and deaths registrations
These departments account for large numbers of jobs in MBC Mumbai. Some of the popular employment opportunities offered by BMC ncludes:
- Electronic and telecommunication engineer
- Junior civil engineer
- Account assistant
- Junior audit assistant
- Stenographer (English and Marathi)
- Jr. A. & A.A (Sportsman)
BMC enjoys the status of local government. So, job openings offered by this local body in any of its various departments are treated as government jobs. Clerical jobs are also available in large numbers. So, most of the job-seekers at BMC prefer to enter clerical jobs which are easy to get. These openings mostly do not require any specific professional skills. The candidates are generally required to appear at selection tests to prove their competence.
How to Find Jobs in BMC?
- All types of jobs in BMC are notified to the public through its official website www.mcgm.gov.in, local newspapers and other job sites.
- Candidates who match the eligibility criteria are mostly invited to appear at walk-ins for selection.
- There are certain openings which require the candidates to appear at selection tests, as well.
- To know about jobs in BMC, candidates are recommended to visit the official site of the civic body and follow the latest notification.
- By Sadhana Gunga Chaugule on November 15, 2010, 10:39 pm Hello, I am interested in clerical or any computer related job in Bombay Municipal corporation. I am a T.Y.B.com student and I also complete Ms-CIT, Tally 7.2 and Typing (English 40 w.p.m. & Marathi 30w.p.m.). I AM presently working as a Account assistant in Industrial X-Ray and Allied Radiography (I) pvt. from Jun'2010. If any vacancies in BMC please inform me on my email Id.
- By Dipti Narvekar on November 30, 2010, 5:20 am Hello, I am interested in government job for any post. My education is B.A.(Economics).I have 3 years work experience. Presently working as an IT Executive in Kuber Sagar Intrade India Pvt. Ltd. If any vacancies in BMC please inform me on my email Id.
- By sunaina vikram kamble on December 12, 2010, 9:13 am Hi myself Sunaina kamble. I am a house wife having 3 years old daughter. I have completed my graduation in Bachelor of Arts in 2006 and having basic knowledge of computers. I am in search of the government job that would fulfill my needs...
- By Santosh Narambhatla on December 17, 2010, 1:04 am Hi This is Santosh Narambhatla completed my graduation in B.com Stream and also done Hardware & Networking form Jetking with 60%. looking for govt job in clerical base.
work experience 2.5years as desktop support engineer...
- By DHANASHREE H KADAM on January 8, 2011, 8:43 am Hello, I am interested in clerical or computer operator job in Mumbai Municipal Corporation. My qualifications is M.A.Let me know about any opportunities to work with BMC. if any vacancies in BMC Please inform me on my Email Id.
- By Ms Negeen Farokhmanesh on January 11, 2011, 12:48 am I am Negeen Farokhmanesh passed my Bsc in MICROBIOLOGY(majors) from Mumbai University,Diploma in Food Safety and Hygiene from All India Local Self Government Mumbai and also have basic knowledge of computers.I am looking for a job as an assistant in healthcare/ administrative department.I am permanently staying in S.V Road Andheri (w).
If any Vacancies in BMC please inform me on my email Id.
- By MOHD SHAMSHAD on January 13, 2011, 3:37 am I am completed my graduation (B.A)and so interested in BMC job because all work of BMC are related to common public and i want to serve myself to common public.
- By NITIN DHANAWDE on January 16, 2011, 8:10 am Hello, I am a working man. I have done Tally 5.4 and excellent in handling Excel work. My education is B.COM and Diploma in international airlines transport association. Right now I am working with BPO industry and handling customer associate job. Looking for backoffice jobs in BMC.
- By Anuradha Sanjay Kabadi on April 1, 2011, 1:03 pm Myself Miss. Anuradha Sanjay Kabadi. I have completed my B.Sc.IT with first class. I have done MS-CIT and typing 30 wps. And I wnat top work with government. I do best from myside. Give me the chance to prove myself. Thanks
- By Swapnali Pawar on August 25, 2011, 12:43 am Hi, I am Swapnali Pawar... I have interested in any government job... My education is b.com. I have 5 years work experience. I am Working in Pvt Ltd Company..
- By siddharam chandappa kiranalli on October 22, 2011, 12:12 am My self siddharam, I am graduate in arts faculty, presently i am working at a well known education institute at bhayander from last 5+ years as a account assistant. I have good knowledge in clerical & computer.
Let me know about any opportunities to work with BMC.
please inform me on my email Id.
- Last Updated on May 18, 2012, 4:17 am
- Page Created on October 20, 2010, 3:20 pm