Disabled persons in India face severe challenges in finding good jobs for themselves. Though there are several assistance programs most of them are very complicated and poorly managed. So individuals are forced to develop work strategies of their own.
Seats are reserved for physically challenged in almost all government jobs. This includes jobs in major public sector banks, railways, government offices and in government schools and colleges.
As available seats are limited one has to compete in exams where skills of the handicapped person are tested.
The government has taken some major initiatives to employ handicapped people. In the last fiscal year the government had ensured that 1, 00,000 physically challenged people were given employment.
The government has taken initiatives to encourage the private sector to recruit handicapped people. In 2007-08 the government had announced a scheme. The scheme offered was for every handicapped person who was hired with a salary of less than Rs 25,000 per month, the government would reimburse employer's contribution to the Employees Provident Fund (EPF) and the Employees State Insurance (ESI) for three years.
So every handicapped person in India have a chance to get government or private jobs in India.
- By surineni jhansi rani on January 5, 2010, 12:00 am I worked as primary school teacher for 13 years. Because of rheumatoid arthritis my mobility is restricted I discontinued my job and started taking tuitions at home. I am a graduate in commerce and I did P.G.Diploma in Early Childhood Education from Andhra Mahila Sabha College of Education.osmania University. Its a primary teacher training programme. As my mobility is restricted now I want to do any online job from home. I can work on computer. I stay in Pragathinagar, Hyderabad. I am 50years old.I can speak English, telugu and Hindi.
- By Sreelakshmi on June 10, 2010, 3:22 am Hello, I am an handicapped girl. I did my btech with a specialization in Computer science with an aggregate of 65%. I want to work for myself and survive, but how could I find a job. I want work as a java developer.
- By soofia on June 24, 2010, 9:43 am I am a Physically handicapped from Jaipur. I can't go out for job as my both lower limbs are affected with polio. I have system at my home. So I am searching for some computer based job. I am graduate from Mumbai university and have done diploma in computer applications. I have full knowledge about internet.If there is any job suitable for me please let me know about it.
- By Neumann Mendonca on July 1, 2010, 6:43 am I am Neumann Mendonca, 26 year old staying at Andheri E - Mumbai. Suffering from Wilson Disease due to which I have restricted limb movements and even my speech is sluggish. I have done my 10+2 through National Open School. I would really like to be employed. I have approached many Govt. reps but without success. Looking forward to some support to secure a job.
- By B.ARUN KUMAR on July 23, 2010, 10:58 am Iam Arun.I am a Hearing impaired candidate from Andhra Pradesh.I did ny B.E(ECE) from Osmania university college of Engineering,Hyderabad with an aggregate of 52% passed out in 2007.I had tried for Govt job but I could not get any job.Please help me to get a Govt job.
- By N.BHAKTHAVATSALA REDDY on August 6, 2010, 12:38 am Hello, I am N.Bhakthavatsala Reddy I have done my M.B.A.(FINANCE)in Ramaraja Institute of technology & science in Tirupati, S.V.UNIVERSITY. My right leg is paralyzed. I can do any type financial work in Hyderabad, I am searching private sector job but no one ready to giving opportunity to me. Please give me financial job in Hyderabad city. I am waiting for your positive reply.
- By Praveen on August 14, 2010, 5:55 am I am praveen kumar, orthopedically challenged , i have completed my MCA in 2009. I have skills in MS .NET Technologies (c#.net, asp.net and sql server). I have 6 months of working experience in .net. I am looking forward for an IT job. I stay in Hyderabad. I can work from online as mobility is restricted for me.
- By Anbarasi.U on August 25, 2010, 12:06 am I am Anbarasi.U, Completed B.E(CSE) in 2000 & M.E(Advanced Communication systems) in 2006. I am a physically challenged person - Orthographically handicapped(one arm) with 50% disability. I am having 6 years experience as a Lecturer in various Engineering Colleges.
Currently I am staying in Chennai with my husband. I want government or IT jobs which will help me to survive. Please help me to get a job.
- By SARANYA on August 25, 2010, 7:55 am Hi.This is Saranya here.I have completed my B.E (CS) IN 2006 .I am a fresher. I have completed diploma in software testing. I want job in testing,HR OR NON VOICE BPO OR GAME TESTING. I am from Chennai. I am willing to relocate to Bangalore. I am hearing impaired ,but I can speak and hear with the help of hearing aid.Please do the needful. I have attended several companies like amazon,virtusa,Sieden,but in final round they are not recruiting.Please do the needful
- By D SATPATHY on September 4, 2010, 4:48 am Hi, I am working in a TATA Company in SAP-ABAP and I am MCA from AEC, Guwahati. Is there any site for the Handicap People to find Government and Private Jobs in the field of Computers. If yes then can you please send me the site.
- By BANUCHANDAR BALNARSAYYA METKU on November 3, 2010, 9:32 am I am B.Com Graduate with scored 65.28%. I am an orthopaedically handicapped person with one leg affected having 45% disability. so, I need a administrative work in any government offices in Maharashtra. I need urgent govt. job. so please do needful. Thank you.
- By Ashish Kumar on January 18, 2011, 11:34 am I am Ashish Kumar from Jamshedpur. I have completed BCA from IGNOU university. I am looking for home based jobs or any other official jobs at Jamshedpur location because I am physically handicapped and i have the experience of working as computer teacher and 6 month working experience in BPO(Aegis) as a CSR at Jamshedpur.
- By B.KOKILAVANI on May 20, 2011, 6:13 am I am B.Kokilavani, I am Physically Handicapped Women (Left Leg only), I want to work without others help. I have self confidence. My work is always perfect & neat. I am B.Com Graduate, Computer Diploma Holder, Typing Lower Grade both Tamil & English. 9yrs. experience in Accounting Field & Admin. works. Working Knowledge: Accounting field - fr. Day to Day operations to Preparation ot details to Management, Able to work all admin works. Computer Knowledge: Tally 4.5 to ERP 9, MS Word & Excel, Internet & KGM Software. I have neat handwriting. Finally, I am hard worker & sincere. I want to work part time or full time as an accountant or best opportunity in admin. in Erode (Which is most favorable), in Coimbatore(which is favor) or in Tamilnadu.
- Last Updated on May 23, 2012, 6:25 am
- Page Created on November 5, 2009, 4:25 pm