Ayurveda is a popular mode of alternative treatment. It offers a true mind-body-spirit paradigm, and inculcates the habit of prevention through lifestyle changes. It has been accepted as a holistic method of healing not only in India but also abroad. The primary reason for its wide acceptance is the failure of synthetic chemical drugs to combat natural cure.
Patients from all over the world are coming to India for this kind of treatment. With the rise in popularity of this form of medication, the demand for Ayurvedic doctors are on the rise.
Jobs for Ayurvedic Doctors/ Vacancies for Ayurvedic Doctors
Once you complete an ayurveda course you have several avenues open before you. As a well-trained Ayurvedic practitioner you can start off as a private practitioner.
Private practitioners are high in demand in rural India. You can also join other health care practitioners at a wellness center, teach Ayurvedic principles at health centers or colleges, guide a pancha karma center, and conduct workshops, seminars and retreats. A well trained practitioner can get employment as medical officer at Government hospitals as well. Nowadays good opportunities are also available at resorts and major tourist destinations in the country.
Ayurvedic Education in India is under the control of a Statutory Central Government body known as the Central Council of Indian Medicine (CCIM),. Today there are as many as 157 recognized under-graduate and 33 post-graduate Ayurvedic Colleges in India. To get a Bachelor of Ayurvedic Medicine & Surgery (B.A.M.S.) degree or Aurvedacharya degree, you need to undergo studies for five and a half years, including internship. Post-graduate programs help you get a Doctorate in Ayurveda.
An Ayurvedic doctor appointed in government hospital/department draws an initial salary between Rs.12, 000 - Rs.18, 000. Private sector hospitals and nursing homes offer excellent pay-packages.
Qualifications Needed to Become an Ayurvedic Doctor
Ayurveda system of medicine has caught the attention of foreign countries. Medical tour to Kerala and its incredible healing effects has increased the demand for trained professionals in this field. Hospitals in foreign countries are opening up to the idea of having an ayurveda an expert. Hence after completion of the course you can look for a professional career abroad.
To join the course of Bachelor of Ayurvedic Medicine & Surgery you need to have completed your higher secondary exams with Physics, Chemistry, Biology and Sanskrit from recognized University/Board which follows the specifications of the Council. Minimum age for pursuing this course is 17 years.
- By jayesh prakash j on February 14, 2010, 4:25 am Respected Sir, I am Jayesh Prakash doing my BAMS in Kannur Kerala. So I seriously want to know about the job opportunities for auyurvedic doctors in abroad.
- By LAKSHMI.CH on April 10, 2010, 1:56 pm Respected Sir, I am Dr.Lakshmi.Ch working as an Ayurvedic doctor in govt service Andhrapradesh state India.I did PG Diploma in Yoga and Meditation. I have completed 15 yrs of service. I want to extend my services in abroad .I want to know about the opportunities for Ayurvedic doctors in abroad.
- By NIKESH D BACHCHHAO on April 15, 2010, 11:32 am Myself Dr. Nikesh Bachchhao. I completed my BAMS From DY Patil College Of Ayurved, Nerul. I am looking for a job in India & abroad. I amfresher & also give job information for fresher BAMS DOCTOR.
- By Dr.PrakashMishra on April 24, 2010, 12:30 pm Respected Sir, Iam Dr.Prakash. I completed my B.A.M.S.from S.D,A.Medical collage Ranchiin 1995 and M.D.(Alternative med.)in 2002. I have 13year exp.in pvt.ltd. hospital ICU/ICCU/. I am looking for a job in India.
- By Shubha on April 24, 2010, 3:51 pm Hi myself an ayurvedic doctor.not practicing right now.I want to join form filling jobs related to medicine, without investments and reliable.
- By Dr.Arjun chakure on April 28, 2010, 6:37 am Respected sir/madam I am B.H.M.S.docter. I have my own PC & net. I want part time job. I am interested in online MT job. kindly help me.
- By Dr.jitendra singh on May 6, 2010, 11:24 am I amjust about 2 complete my BAMS inter ship. I am not much experienced. Can I join pharmacy company or medicine typing work or anything else.please guide me
- By dr mohd waseem siddiqui on May 24, 2010, 9:30 am Respected sir, I completed my B.A.M.S(2007) & diploma in clinical research(2009). Now I am looking for a job in DELHI and NCR. kindly help me.
- By Dr.Doulat Prakash on June 2, 2010, 10:34 pm Respected Sir, I have done B.A.M.S.,M.D.(AQU),P.G.C.S.D. I want to go in abroad for job. Please help me.
- By RANJITHA on June 3, 2010, 1:07 am Hello Sir, I have completed my B.A.M.S.and I am in search of a job. Please give me some information about it. I really need your help.
- By DR VIJAYA PATIL on June 3, 2010, 8:51 am Respected Sir, I am Dr. Vijaya Patil completed my BAMS in 2006. I worked in general hospital for 4 yrs. I have basic computer knowledge. I want to get good job in any where Karnataka or Hyderabad. I am interested too continue studies also ,which course u would like to suggest and where? Please guide me, I am very tensed with my future.
- By DR.NAVAKANTH on June 6, 2010, 7:41 am Hi am Dr.Navakanth finished my MD in Ayurveda and also Postgraduate diploma in advanced clinical research, and I would like to know about whether any job opportunities abroad with clinical research backdrop.
- By Dr.parul sharma on June 9, 2010, 11:05 am Sir/madam,I am a Ayurveda doctor,with M.D.in Panchkarma. I am in search for a part time job in Haridwar.If any,please contact me through my e-mail. Thank you.
- By maya on June 12, 2010, 2:14 am Sir, I am an aAyurvedic doctor with 4 yrs of experience. Right now I am working in Bangalore and looking for another job here.
- By Subir Karnakar on June 17, 2010, 2:41 pm Respected sir, I have done BAMS course under Calcutta University in 2009. I am looking for job in West Bengal. Kindly help me.
- By vibhashree.M on June 19, 2010, 4:05 am Sir, I wanted to get into Ayurveda. I wanted to pursue the course.If I do complete the course where do I get a job?and what will be my salary? Please give me some idea. My parents are poor. I should look after them in the mere future.
- By dr.nagaraj.m on June 23, 2010, 9:03 am Hello,this is Dr.Nagaraj. I am a BAMS GRADUATE. Please inform me if you find any vacancies for Ayurvedic doctors in government as well as in private sectors. Thanking you.
- By Dr.ANURAG RASTOGI on June 25, 2010, 12:30 am RESUME-
C/o- Dhanwantri Chikitsalya
exchange, Bareily sarai,
Sambhal, Moradabad, UP
* B.A.M.S. From Chattrapati shahuji maharaj university, kanpur.
* Ayurved Shastri (Honorary Degree) from Akhil Bhatiya Ayurved Sewa Sangh, New Delhi.
* P.G.D.S. from Global Institute, Kolkata (The New Age University, U.S.A.)
* Worked in Sri Sai Hospital, Multi Speciality Centre, Moradabad as a R.M.O.
* Worked with Vaidh Satya Prakash Rastogi M.Sc.A. Gold Medalist (Senior Ayurvedic Physician in Chronic Disease). as a Consultant.
* Member of World Society of Integrated Medicine, U.S.A.
* Member of National Integrated Medical Association.
- By Dr. Rohini Rokade on July 9, 2010, 4:54 am Hi, this is Dr. Rohini Rokade from Pune. I did my BAMS from a govt. college in Pune. I have completed my advanced course in yoga in Pune. I also did my diploma in Panchkarma from Kottyam, Kerala. Presently I am practicing in Pune. I want to know about the opportunities in India & abroad. what are the work from home offers? what other courses must be done that will be beneficial for me?
- By DR.LADKAT MANOJ B. on July 20, 2010, 12:20 pm Hello, I am a working man doing consultant practice of Ayurveda. I am lookinbg for ayurvedic consultant position in a hospital. Can you please help me?
- By dr.kedar nath gupta on August 3, 2010, 9:08 am Hello, this is Dr. Gupta. Please inform me if you find any vacancies for Ayurvedic doctors in government as well as in private sectors in Kolkata and Uttarpradesh. Thanking you...
- By DR.KEDAR NATH GUPTA on August 7, 2010, 7:20 am Respected Sir, I am Dr.Kedar doing my BAMS in Kolkata,West Bengal from passed 30th years. So I seriously want to know about the job opportunities for Ayurvedic doctors in Westbengal and Mumbai.
- By manoj babar on August 7, 2010, 10:07 am Hello, this is Dr.manoj.(b.a.m.s) Please inform me if you find any vacancies for Ayurvedic doctors in government as well as in private sectors in Maharashtra. Thanking you...
- By bharati on August 12, 2010, 8:02 am Hello, I need to know if there is any Ayurved doctor jobs there in Orissa or in Hyderabad. Please let me know
Thanks and regards
- By dr shweta zade on August 14, 2010, 1:20 am Hello, I have completed my MD in Ayurved and my subject of specialization is Ras shastra, presently I am working in Ayurvedic and natural health center but my interest is in working with ayurvedic pharmacy preference to r&d. help me to find the same.
- By Dr. sanjay pd. choudhary on August 18, 2010, 12:36 am Respected Sir,
I have completed my B.A.M.S.and I am in search of a job. Please give me some information about it. I really need your help.
- By DR.RAVINDRA SINGH on August 28, 2010, 8:54 am Hi, this is Rravindra Singh. I have completed my B.A.M.S degree now I am looking for any job so please give me job information in India or in abroad
- By Dr. Vandana Sharma on August 28, 2010, 10:06 pm I am a Doctor(BAMS), and working as a Medical Officer in Govt. Hospital. I have interest in writing, have written many articles in leading ayurveda Magazine, Newspapers and in Research Journals, from last 7 years. Also presented many paper presentations in National and International Seminar.
Now, Looking for freelance jobs in writing in Ayurveda and health.
My residence is in Delhi.
- By ranju kumari chaurasia on September 2, 2010, 4:58 am Hello, my name is RANJU KUMARI CHAURASIA completed my BAMS from INSTITUTE OF MEDICAL SCIENCES BHU,VARANASI in 2009 with internship. I am searching for good job .
- By Dr.Parkkavi laxmi on October 14, 2010, 6:15 am Hi, I completed my B.A.M.S in 2010 June and really wanna know any ayurvedic consultant jobs in Bangalore...kindly help me..
- By dr. visujeet kumar on December 17, 2010, 1:25 am Respected sir, I am Dr. Visujeet Kumar doing my b.a.m.s from Rishikul ,Haridwar. I want to know about the job opportunities for ayurvedic doctors
- By akshata on December 25, 2010, 7:32 am Respected sir, I am Akshata doing internship in Hubli college. I am looking for a job in India... I am a fresher and also give government job information..for ayurvedic doctors..
- By pujit r vaghasiya on January 23, 2011, 3:23 am Respected sir, I have completed BAMS in 2005 under GAU. I am searching for good job in Goa . please give me some information about it .
- By Dr.Mary Liba Barrid on March 16, 2011, 9:21 am I am Dr.Mary Liba Barrid now working in a pharmacy in Cochin. Iam looking for a job in around Cochin
- By Dr Chandan b.l kumbhar on April 29, 2011, 12:06 am Respected sir, i am chandan b.l kumbhar, completed my graduation in bams in sambalpur university, odisha. Now i am looking for a job in Delhi, so kindly cooperate me to get a job.
- Last Updated on October 9, 2010, 4:14 pm
- Page Created on December 6, 2009, 5:03 am