If you are above 40 years of age and wish to have a new job you will have several choices. Most of these jobs are available in the private sector. However openings are available in plenty for jobs of your field. Private sector values your experience and knowledge gathered over the years. So they would be more glad to offer jobs to candidates above 40 years of age.
When you are above 40 and wish to continue in your field of specialization you enjoy lots of advantages. Because of your experience, companies are willing to offer you high salary and a good post as well. You also get other perks like translocation cost, home rents, leave travel allowance etc.
You will get many openings but may have to start as a fresher. You may not get a good salary according to your experience, but you will surely get something better than a fresher.
Jobs for 40 Plus
Some fields open to you after you are above 40 years of age are:
- BPO Jobs: Here you will be inducted as a telemarketer. In good companies you will have to provide answers to inbound calls. In smaller companies you have to call up customers and offer them your services or products.
- SEO Jobs: In this you have to build links to promote websites. It is a simple job which requires little experience whatsoever.
- Administrator jobs: As an administrator you will have to oversee the function of an office. Many small offices seek people who have a bit of working experience for the post of administrator.
- Teachers Jobs: If you have a specialization in a subject you can join a private school as a teacher. These jobs can be pretty relaxing. You can work in part time by devoting your 3 -5 Hrs. You can even teach in institutes or on a private basis.
- Cashiers Jobs: Many retail outlets, need experienced people to handle the cash section. Elders above forty are given preference.
- Demonstrator Jobs: People above forty are recruited by electronic showrooms to demonstrate their products to customers. This is a less stressful job. All it requires is a lot of interaction. Those who are gifted speakers and have the ability to convince can get along with this pretty easily.
Jobs for 50 Year Olds
All the above mentioned jobs are open for those who are above 50 years old. They can also find good openings in NGO which recruit candidates with sufficient experience and expertise in certain fields. With a basic computer and internet knowledge they can also do work from home jobs like data entry, content writing, transcription etc. You can do these jobs on part time and full time basis.
- By G SENTHIL KUMAR on December 27, 2009, 2:08 pm My father is a retired Govt.Employee. He is very active and interested to work from home. He lives in Tamil Nadu, Coimbatore. He is good at writing and speaking English..
- By sandeep mathur on April 12, 2010, 12:54 am Hello, I was working as a General Manager for a training institute (voice and accent,airlines,hospitality etc).I have worked with HSBC global resourcing for three years. I have managed a fly ash bricks plant, site supervisor construction etc. I completed only three years of civil engineering course ,could not complete due to family needs. I am a good administrator. I am looking for a job as Estate manager ,manager for a housing society, apts blocks etc. Presently I am residing in Delhi. I am 53 years old. Please let me know if you have an opening matching my profile. Thanks and regards.
- By A.Rajasekaran on April 13, 2010, 6:21 am Hello, I am a retired M.com graduate. Currently working as concurrent auditor. My typing speed is 30 wpm. I prefer to do home-based form filling job without investment. I am staying in Chennai.
- By ravindra nath arora on April 17, 2010, 1:26 pm Hello Sir, I am retired bank executive,aged 60+years & had handled a few medium sized branches as branch manager. I am very good in administration & also can work on computer. My educational qualification is B.A. Presently I am not doing anything. I am looking forward to manage an office fpr 4-6 hours. Presently I stay at Lucknow(U.P)
- By KRRamani on April 17, 2010, 1:28 pm Hello Sir, I am a retired bank officer (VRS) 59 years old. I have very good administrative, teaching and writing skills besides I am a good event management organizer. I am a postgraduate in commerce with CAIIB qualifications. I was doing consultancy job with AE bike company in Coimbatore besides working as a insurance agent both for life and non life products.
I have a great passion for micro finance. With my experience and educational qualifications I can take up any executive job in micro finance area. I am staying in Chennai..
- By Satya Narayan Vyas on April 20, 2010, 3:08 pm I am retired person. As a senior section engineer from Indian Railways. I have a computer with internet connection. My qualification is Senior Secondary with Physics, Chemistry & Maths & Diploma in Mechanical Engineering. At present I have no work. Like to get - Data Entry Work. I am at present living in Bikaner (Rajasthan) India.
- By Gopalakrishnan on April 20, 2010, 3:15 pm I am 50 and left the last(as Dy.Director of an edu.institution in Kochi) job in Nov.07.
My work experience includes research, teaching, counseling, project conceptualization, consultancy and administration. My skill set includes computer proficiency, good communication, inter personal faculties, team work, receptive, pragmatic & pro active, professional orientation, compliance preparedness and accountable.
I hold a Ph.D from CUSAT. I am looking for home based online assignments. Presently I am staying @ Aluva.
- By Raghavendran on April 25, 2010, 10:42 pm Hello, I am retired from a reputed educational institution as Senior Grade Officer. Qualification Pre-University Knowledge MS Office, Photo shop, Flash, Web design, Tamil computing. I am proficient in communication both in English and Tamil and more than 32 years of administrative experience. Seeking suitable job.
- By Satya on May 18, 2010, 1:31 am I am retired person from Indian Railways. From the post of Senior Section Engineer (Mechanical). Recruited after completing training of two years from Railway. Working experience of 22yrs. After that taking Voluntary Retirement and work for Singing Electrons a America software development firm for 9yrs. I am looking for online data entry work which I can do from home.
- By sanjeev sahny on June 25, 2010, 2:32 am I am a retired buisnessman of age 48 yrs. I have 30 yrs exp. in marketing field. I am MA 1st division passed from Punjab board. I am looking for a job in marketing field . I live at Janakpuri in Delhi.
- By M.P.VENKATESH on July 8, 2010, 11:01 pm Dear Sir, I left my job 3 months back, right now I am 41 years old, my last job was with a life insurance company. I have 15 years of experience in pharma marketing ,I worked as a Area sales manager in a reputed company. Presently I am looking for a job preferably in health insurance or any field.
- By Bharat Kapadia on August 21, 2010, 8:57 am Hello Sir, This is Bharat Kapadia from Mumbai. I am a B.COM Graduate. I have an experience of 15yrs to work as a Showroom Incharge in Muscat(Oman). I have also worked with Oriflame India Private Ltd. as a director. Right now I am in Mumbai searching for a job, I would like to work with you.
- By Nawal Kishore on August 31, 2010, 9:21 am Hello, at present I am unemployed. I can read, write & understand English & Hindi. I used to be a Commercial Pilot 20 yrs ago. I am 12th std pass. looking for a home based job and staying in New Delhi.
- By Takhat on September 2, 2010, 6:50 am I am a 45 years old man currently based in Udaipur, Rajasthan. I am a semi-professional writer seeking screenwriting jobs/assignements in Mumbai. I am very well-versed with the art and craft of film and television writing. Alternatively, I teach English language from spoken to IELTS level. Seeking PT opportunity in this field as well..
- By Prema on September 14, 2010, 9:57 am I am a 51 years and I have worked for 27 years as a Executive assistant and then shifted to teaching online. I have been teaching English for the past 5 years and now would like to a job as a coordinator or administrator. If there is any opening please do inform me.
Thanks & Regards
- By N M on November 7, 2010, 10:24 pm Hi there! I am currently living in Chicago. I am 45 years old woman and want to help my husband, Kindly suggest me some online work. I am looking for data entry or any other sort of work which is suitable to me, I hope you can help me.
- By nirmal singh on November 24, 2010, 2:39 am Hello, I am 40 years old and working as electrician in market and running my family. I studied from central school and completed inter. But still not able to get financially settled hence I would request please provide me any opportunity for my bright future so I can look after my family and live a sound health.
- By Prerana on December 1, 2010, 9:26 am Prerana
My Aunty & Uncle are of the age 48 & 50 respectively. Aunty used to work for pvt company which got closed. My Uncle used to work for Mafatlal textiles as accountant which also got closed. Both are at home and have no jobs. Both are HSC + passed and looking out for jobs for survival. Both are good at reading, writing English & Hindi, Accounts & computer literate. They stay at Virar. Please help me to hunt jobs for them.
- By ezhilvanan on December 13, 2010, 10:19 pm Hello, I am an employee working as a system analyst in E.D.P. I have good knowledge in Foxpro, MsOffice,Tally 9.0. I have passed M.Sc(IT). My problem is that the Company which I am working is going shut down it business. I am looking for home based data entry jobs.
- By Shaik Ibrahim on December 28, 2010, 10:11 am I am from Hyderabad and age 48 years. At present I am an unemployed. Previously I have worked in an Automotive Show Room for 5 years as a Sales Executive but nowadays I am free lancer. Thanks and regards...
- By Talib on January 30, 2011, 3:12 am I am a 53 yr.old male from Mumbai with 15 yrs exp.of practical mfg.& marketing of plastic raw material. Also worked as a sales executive for a reputed distributor of Reliance Ind.Ltd for 2 yrs. Looking for a suitable placement in marketing & management.
- By uma sharma on February 18, 2011, 4:32 am Hello, I am a retired teacher. I am BA B Ed. I am very good in organizing and coordinating the things besides teaching both the languages i.e.english & Hindi. I am looking for a job of coordinator or organizer or administrator. I am staying in Noida.
- By S.P.KUPPUSWAMY on May 5, 2011, 6:13 am I am 50 yrs old having 25 yrs of stock broking experience. I am B.com.,MBA having good exposure on stock market analysis and market trends. Presently working as a consultant to HNI clients and living in Annanagar Chennai. Looking for the assignment in and aroung Annanagar and timings is not particular.
- By Surekha Subhash Dhume on May 10, 2011, 2:03 am My name is Surekha Dhume. I am Arts Graduate ( BA with Economics). I have opted VRS from IDBI Bank. I worked for IDBI nearly 23 years as Financial Assistant. Now I am looking for NGO Job or Data Entry Job- work from Home base. I am staying at Goregaon (West). I am interested in Teaching small kids..
- By J Jaya on June 12, 2011, 11:38 pm Hello, I am at home for the past 4 months, returned from Doha! I worked there for 2 yrs. I was working in chennai for the past 20 years in various fields. Hr & Admin related work! Being a Bcom graduate, I prefer a job in the HR and admin section. I stay in chennai- Virugambakkam area. I am 46 yrs now! I am a very hard core working women.
- By JAIN PREETHA on June 14, 2011, 11:16 pm My father has retired just 3 months ago. He worked in Tea Factory, govt employee. He is in need of some office jobs in Coimbatore. Please mail me if there are any jobs.
- By B S Mani on August 31, 2011, 10:11 am Hello, I am going to be 57 by December 2011. Presently working as Regional Head (Sales) for a reputed company based at Chennai. I am a graduate in Economics. I Would be keen to work for an NGO...
- Last Updated on May 10, 2012, 3:50 pm
- Page Created on December 6, 2009, 4:57 am